Monday, January 5, 2009

ALREADY EIGHT WEEKS OLD!!

Little Tanner is eight weeks old today!! We never thought that time could fly by like this. It makes me really sad because I know it's just that closer to my return to work date which is 2/2. Dropping him off at daycare the first day is going to be rough on Justin and I both. I've already decided not to wear mascara that day!! Enough about us...

Tanner has had a much better day today than in the past couple of weeks. We're hoping that maybe it was just a growing spurt that he was going through. We'll let you know tomorrow!! Since arriving back from the holidays, Tanner has graduated to sleeping in his own crib. He's also sleeping pretty well through the nights. Last night he went down around 10:00 PM and didn't wake until 4 AM. He could have slept longer but his movement sensor went off because he's such a squirmy little fellow and had moved out of the sensor area. So, I had to place him back in the middle of the bed...which of course woke him up..oh well...I was ready to hold him anyway.


He stays awake more now during the day but really likes to take naps in the evening which is when he really needs to stay awake so that he'll sleep better at night. A few minutes ago we placed him in his swing, and I noticed he was starting to nap. Thinking that he really wasn't going to hear me I said "Tanner are you going to sleep?" That little stinker opened one eye and did a half smile back at me!! I'm going to get him!!

Tanner has a great collection of facial expressions...wonder who he got that from!!
"Did you say something?" AND"I'm so cute!"












"Don't think about it!" AND "What is that?"












"Oh no!" AND "Worn out from posing!"












Oh, and we got him this cute outfit over the holidays, and so I just had to post it....hope the grandpas enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. Jennie Beth and Justin,

    Tanner is so beautiful! I'm glad to hear you are all doing well. I love your blogsite and will keep in touch with Tanner's changes as time goes by. I just spent some time with Kallie and Luke in Guatemala. They told me you had the blog. You and Justin are truly blessed with such a beautiful boy.
    Blessings,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miji loves you and you are changing so very quickly. I loved your cooing this afternoon. Love and Kisses Miji

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe how big he is getting. I am so sorry I did not get a chance to hold him but with both of our kids not feeling the greatest I didnt want to take a chance on giving him anything. He is so cute. It goes by so fast Emmersen is 9 months old I cant get over the fact that he will be 1 in just 3 months :( It goes by to fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what he's thinking in that last picture: " I could really use a Mountain Dew, a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, and a BC Powder just about now."

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so precious and we loved seeing your sweet family at Christmas! Madge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luke and I are teary eyed! Cant wait to get home and love on little Tanner. Love you!! -Kallie

    ReplyDelete